What’s Your StressType™?
- Speed Freak
- Worry Wart
- Strain Drain
Discover your StressType™
Are you the Drifter, Speed Freak or Loner.. or perhaps the Strain Drain or the Worry Wart?
The StressType™ assessment is designed to provide insight into the personal strengths of those individuals who are consistently able to control the disruptive effects of their Dominant StressType™ on their on their emotional self-control. They are able to self-pace, focus and fully benefit from the energy that stress provides to achieve and enjoy their priorities in both personal and work life.
Meet the StressTypes™
Thirty-four years’ “Vitality Factor” research at the Canadian Institute of Stress has identified five deeply rooted habit patterns which create self-defeating results in stressful situations. We call each of these neuro-psychological lightning rods StressTypes™. They attract, then amplify otherwise normal stress.
For 92% of adults, one StressType is clearly dominant. This red-alert hot reactor button will automatically amplify emotional turbulence in sensitizing situations by as much as 65%. Meet the StressTypes…
01 - Strain Drain
- Frequently irritable
- Awake long before alarm clock goes off
- Frequent or longer lasting cold symptoms
- Don’t feel well rested in the mornings
- Energy reserves are low
- Frequent aches in joints
02 - Drifter
- Often feel dissatisfied; life is not “adding up”. Or something is missing in their lives
- In perpetual “mid-life crisis”
- Tend to shotgun their energy across many options
- Doubt their existing goals; don’t buy into anything very deeply
03 - Speed Freak
- Foot to the floor on their “stress accelerator”.
- Borderline workaholic or perfectionist.
- Everything must get 110% effort, no matter how (un)important it is.
- Rapid speech; interrupts others.
- Deep fatigue after all-out effort.
04 - Worry Wart
- Trouble turning off their thoughts.
- Drive themselves at high RPM, but rarely put themselves in gear.
- Frequent anxiety; tension headaches.
- Paralysis by analysis; wheel spinning worry.
- Slow recovery from high-stress situations.
05 - Loner
- Feel lonely, unfulfilled in relationships.
- Feel uncomfortable with others, often masked with a smile.
- Difficulty in giving or receiving easily, relaxed closeness or intimate sharing.
- Feel alone carrying burdens or worries.
How StressType™ creates personalized lasting results
StressType™ is personalized. Our outcomes research shows that each of the five StressTypes requires its own unique Rx. Prioritizing the wrong start-up skill usually backfires. For example: Starting with relaxation training for a Speed Freak. Relaxing just makes them more anxious.
Unlike one-size-fits-all stress programs … because you first discover your StressType … you then will not only (a) focus on the several skills best for you, you also (b) learn how to apply them in your priority situations. This ME-Learning strategy creates long lasting personalized results.
Pre / Post Results
- Stress Control32%
- Worry-Anxiety Control36%
- Stabilizing Relationships41%
- Body-Mind Wellbeing (sleep, immune system, and energy vs. fatigue)44%
- Life Satisfaction62%
- Identifies your dominant StressType™ and how it can repeatedly sabotage your emotional self-control and enjoyment in both work and personal life; then it…
- Alerts you to your personal early warning signs that your dominant StressType is triggering red-alert stress reactions in you;
- Converts each any of your remaining StressType risks into new strengths.
- Enables you to personalize longer term StressType “inoculation” steps for quickly dialing down any remaining urgings by your dominant StressType to take unwise, self-defeating actions;
- Guides you to test drive and personalize skills in each of the three “pillars of emotional resilience”, namely: Life Satisfaction, Engaging Relationships and Stress Control; and…
- Your ability to avoid the emotional stumbling blocks imposed by high-stress situations;
- Your ability to self-pace your stress-level so it is energizing … not draining … who you want to be, and to be known as each day;
- Your ability to ensure your lifestyle and career express your personal interests and strengths;
- Your ability to neutralize pointless worrying, frustrations or resentments;
- Your ability to consistently enjoy self-affirming relationships; and
- Your ability to maintain body-mind efficiency … seen in restful sleep; infrequent aches, pains and minor illnesses; plus durable energy on tap;
It’s not so much what happens to you that matters, but how you [your StressType] take it.